Topic Options
#4232 - 17 Aug 2015 07:57 PM DD3 Downloads
Big Al 944 Offline

Hey Guys and Gals.
I have just begun to use Data Director 3 and when I subscribed I did so by phone. Unfortunately the support person did not ask me any questions when we were setting up the parameters for downloading end of day data. Can anyone tell me if I change the parameters for example from 'ASX Equities a
All In One directory' to 'ASX Equities in Sector Directories', will the system automatically change everything as in delete or move the info from the former to the sector directories?
Also will this impact on already created charts and Smart Charts?

#4233 - 18 Aug 2015 09:42 AM Re: DD3 Downloads [Re: Big Al 944]
TONY Offline

Paritech

Hi Big Al, re DD3 you can tick or un tick any of the available options at any time. In doing so DD3 does not delete any data but is geared to download the entire historical database for each newly DD3 option ticked (or do the catch up downloads if you have been eg overseas). RE "change the parameters" if you had ASX Equities All In One directory ticked for several weeks and then you unticked it to select ASX Equities in Sector Directories instead all that would occur is that DD3 will stop updating the "ASX Equities All In One" database and then create and update the newly tick ASX Equities in Sector Directories option.

The consequence of doing this for Metastock is that any stocks that you were viewing using the ASX Equities All In One directory would stop showing up-to-date data and this would impact on already created charts and Smart Charts. However if you start viewing data from the ASX Equities in Sector Directories you will see up to date data. Metastock by itself has no way of knowing which database to use or which database is up to date until you point it in the right direction.

So for example if you created a Layout or a Favorite using data form the ASX Equities All In One directory then it will only display data up to the date in which that option was unticked in DD3.

The good news is that if you wish to continue with that database then its a simple matter of re ticking ASX Equities All In One directory in DD3 and doing an update....once completed all would be back to normal.

Regards Tony

#4234 - 18 Aug 2015 05:23 PM Re: DD3 Downloads [Re: Big Al 944]
Big Al 944 Offline

Hi Tony.

Thank you for that

#4235 - 18 Aug 2015 05:25 PM Re: DD3 Downloads [Re: TONY]
Big Al 944 Offline

smile Thanks Tony