Topic Options
#4319 - 20 Feb 2017 05:55 PM Metastock/ Data Director 3 Issue
frasier Offline

Loc: S-E Qld
I have been successfully using Metastock Pro v11 for about 7 years + end of day data from Paritech via DD3.I've used DD3 exclusively during that period.

Recently I have started having an issue - I run The Explorer to do a scan on a selected folder. When the results come up and I try to open them all, an error message comes up on about 2/3 of the results - "Security Not Found".

I have to click "cancel" manually on each error message to proceed and each of the files opens.

I should add there have been no changes to my laptop, neither MS nor the Stocks database have been amended or moved. All is as it has been for years.

Any advice please from Paritech support and others with the same issue.

#4320 - 27 Feb 2017 10:35 AM Re: Metastock/ Data Director 3 Issue [Re: frasier]
TONY Offline

Paritech

Hi Frasier, do you get data from Paritech? If so please follow as per below as your exiting database may have become locked or corrupted. Check that your charting software is not running. If so, close it down.
Then try the following to rectify the problem:
1. Start Windows Explorer
2. Locate your Historical Data folder - normally C:/Shares
3. Locate the folder where the problem is occurring eg C:/Shares/ASX/Equities
4. Delete any files that begin with the tilde (~) character or end with a .tmp extension.

If this does not resolve the issue untick all options in DD3 then close DD3 …locate your existing Shares folder (Usually in your C drive) and rename it to SharesOLD…restart DD3 re tick desired options and click Update...DD3 will now download a complete and up to date Historical database for you.